Do you consider yourself an expert in the field of auto theft investigation? Do you want to make that expertise official? Then become an IAATI Certified Auto Theft Investigator!
SCRC is willing to provide the Certified Auto Theft Investigator Test during the annual TAVTI/SCRC Seminar. Please read below to learn more. If you are interested in adding your name to the list of interested parties who want to become certified, complete the brief form at the conclusion of this information.
IAATI CERTIFIED AUTO THEFT INVESTIGATOR PROGRAM
The International Association of Auto Theft Investigators (IAATI) has recognized a need for an accepted method and standard of evaluating the qualifications of individuals who are conducting Auto Theft Investigations. Investigators who testify in court as “Experts” have an equal need and interest in establishing their credentials.
Certification Program Objectives:
- Recognize qualified Auto Theft Investigators
- Serve as an International Registry for identifying qualified investigators
- Promote excellence in training, education and conducting Auto Theft Investigations
- Provide a system by which equally qualified investigators will have an immediate acceptance as “Experts.”
Who is Eligible: Any active member of IAATI, who completes the application and scores a minimum of 100 points (see application for scoring standards). All applications are screened and information verified before a certificate is issued. Failure to maintain active IAATI membership will result in revocation of certification.
What does the exam consist of: The exam is 50 questions. The exam will test your knowledge on motor vehicles, motorcycles, trucks, trailers, cargo containers, construction equipment, component part labels, methods of theft and processing stolen vehicles.
How do I take the exam: Several methods are offered.
- At the International Conference in August
- At Regional Conferences
- At State sponsored meetings
- IAATI has partnered up with the National Insurance Crime Training Academy (NICTA) to provide on-line testing. The site can be accessed at http://www.nicta.org/. The cost of the test is $15.00.
- Once the test is taken online you can mail a copy of your score and the completed application. Once that is received a certificate will be mailed to you.
- Please make all inquiries and send all completed applications and test scores to the following:
|Executive Director John V. Abounader|
|IAATI Executive Offices|
|PO Box 223|
|Clinton, NY 13323-0223 USA|